Remap CC's to CC's 0..127?

Bleeper

2016-01-20 04:50:17

I am trying to remap CC knob twists from an old Gmedia Phat Boy through Bome MT into my Waldorf pulse synthesizer to change it's CC's. I want to change CC 80(phat boy) to CC50 for starters.
I have had success in getting it to change to a specific value but not to a variable value like changing
the filter cutoff(for example).
I set the Input to Midi Messages, Control Change then cc80 midi channel 1
I set the output to Midi messages, Control change then cc50 midi channel 1
The problem (I think) is the Variable selection. It allows only for a single number output not a continuously variable one.
When I set the variable to say... 50 then the synth jumps to half way(it does work) but i want it to be continuously variable.
What to do? Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2016-01-20 15:21:30

Hi Bleeper

To do this you need to use variables and rules. Is there any sort of math involved in the values you want to change (like, the output is always half+10 then input), or are they specific values you have decided on based on your performance needs?

Jared

Bleeper

2016-01-20 19:21:24

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I got it to work by using (on input) "any value set to variable" and the value oo.
Also the same on output. If it is technically wrong I'm gonna hold off on changing it until I understand it better.
Cheers,and thanks again