Titan one mouse to midi control

oliverst14

2015-12-13 01:20:06

Hello again everyone

I'm hoping this is going to be another easy one but suspect it may not be.

I'm using a program called Titan one. It's a lighting program that does not allow internal midi on the software via usb midi controller and I'm using an akai apc 40.

I am trying to create some mouse click translations to click on a particular location on the screen so that it hits a flash button on the lighting software when I hit one of the buttons on the apc 40.

I setup the midi note in the preferences for my translation then went onto select mouse click. I then clicked on the screen after selecting capture location and the software caught the correct location.

I then tested the translation and the mouse moved but the flash button was not selected. I thought it was something I'd done wrong in setting up the translation so I tested this out with my laser lighting software.

I used the exact same translation but just brought forward the laser software (pangolin quick show) rather than lighting software (Titan one) and the mouse moved to the same location but in the laser software and selected a cue button on the page within quick show.

It seems to me as though somehow Titan one is blocking the mouse click when it's in the foreground which works with a physical mouse but not with the translation. This seems bizarre to me as the way I thought the software worked was it was just taking over the physical mouse. The program should not be able to override this.

Am I doing something very silly here or is there something more to this than i know about?

Please help me out cause I'm stressing my bean off and just can't work out what's going on.

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate this is a very isolated problem but may occur within other programs so any help would be great thanks

florian

2015-12-14 13:25:43

Hi,
strange indeed. I don't think that Titan One detects mouse emulation, or, I'd wonder why?

If you're on Windows, I assume you're not using the "inject mouse message" function? You might try it! It usually requires some experimenting which target window to address (main window, sub window, or the button itself), but might work then.

If you're on Mac, you can try MIDI Translator Pro's AppleScript action -- I assume you can emulate mouse clicks using AppleScript.

The next step would be to contact the manufacturers of Titan One.

Please keep us posted what you find!

Best regards,
Florian