Shift button using MTP GUI (no scripting if possible)

DJRickDawson

2015-12-03 23:50:25

All 3 USB ports are used (Allen&Heath Xone:4D, Native Instruments Audio 10, and a LaunchPAD Pro)

so i have connected an iConnectMIDI4+ via ethernet
Connected to this are:
Arturia Beatstep Pro (uses 3 midi channels)
iPad2 (probably just use one channel for now, unless adding other apps)
Allen&Heath Xone:k2 (pair of them using 1 channel each)
Custom controller using a Livid Instruments Brain v2

My laptop uses rtpMIDI protocol to communicate over ethernet to connect to the iConnectMIDI4+

I want to have a shift button function for the Livid Brain based controller.
probably by changing the midi channel

How would this be achieved in midi translator pro using the GUI and no scripting (if possible)

I tried using the version of midi translator before the GUI update, and got nowhere with the scripting (was trying several different translations)

DvlsAdvct

2015-12-04 22:45:13

Hi DJRickDawson

We can do this without rules, but it takes a lot more steps than if we just utilized rules themselves.

First, you need to utilize the MIDI Router, and make a connection between the Livid Brain Device (hereafter referred to as LBD) and whatever port you're connecting it to. Then you need two presets, one to hold the Shift function, and one to hold the channel change translator.

So Preset 1 should be called Shift and contain two translators, one for the button press, one for release. Preset 2 will be called Channel and contain one translator

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Shift Down
Incoming: MIDI Message
Note On
Channel [i]whatever your channel[/i]
Note [i]whatever note[/i]
Velocity 127/7F
Outgoing: Preset Change
Activate Preset: Channel

Translator 2: Shift Up
Incoming: MIDI Message
Note One
Channel [i]whatever your channel[/i]
Note [i]whatever note[/i]
Velocity 127/7F
Outgoing: Preset Change
Deactivate Preset: Channel
Then Preset 2 will have one translator, and will need one rule. We could do it without any rules, but it is so much more complex.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: MIDI Shift
Incoming: Sysex/Raw MIDI
pp qq rr
Rules: pp=pp+1
Outgoing: Systex/Raw MIDI
pp qq rr
This translator will take any MIDI message (CC, Note, etc) and increase the channel by 1. I know there's a BIT of scripting, but it's the easiest way to make this happen. If you want less than that then it's just going to have a bunch of individual translators and will take a lot more time.

The shift button will work as a momentary command. If you want it to toggle, though, it once again gets a lot more complex without any rules.

Does that make sense?
Jared