Error(015): engine queue overflow

AlanLeach

2015-11-28 18:14:07

Hi guys. I've suddenly started getting this error. Error(015): engine queue overflow. Weirdly even though it hasn't happened at all in the previous week which I've been evaluating BMT, it now occurs all the time, even if I go back to earlier saved project versions which had been working fine a few days ago. This is a little bit baffling to say the least.

Many thanks in advance.

BTW I'm using a Mac Retina.

AlanLeach

2015-11-29 12:16:21

Ah it appears to be related to using an Apple Script which I don't need to use so I'm ok for now.

florian

2015-11-29 22:40:17

Hi Alan,
thanks for reporting. The engine queue overflow is almost always due to the project, and not a bug in the software. For example, it is relatively easy to create feedback loops within MT's translators, timers, Rules, and so on, or to stall the engine with time consuming AppleScript actions (as might have been in your case). When such projects are run, the queue will inevitably overflow eventually.

The queue is limited in size to enforce realtime behavior: if you run into the queue overflow error, it will most likely be possible to optimize the MT project so that the engine will run without wait time.

I hope that makes sense!
Florian