4 buttons like a fader

fredpinski

2015-11-26 12:48:11

Hello everybody

I have 4 buttons , all 4 should be linked so that when I press a button , all others go out . I would like to emulate a " fader" . Button 4 is velocity value 127 , button 1 Verlocity 30

I'm just getting started and I have problems with the variables .
I have a rough idea of ​​how it might work but my attempts fail all .

thanks
fred

fredpinski

2015-11-27 12:29:27

hey everybody,

Apologies if I nerve you with such simple things. I try again to explain where the problem is.

The appendix contains the file of my controller. maybe it make more sense if you can see what happend.

I have presets for color which is only feedback for the controller and I have presetsfor values send to Ableton.
It is about 1 and 8 in the preset file.

I now have 4 buttons to move a fader values, but unfortunately I do not get it how to change to color feedback, i try to send note off to the other buttons when i press on button but this happend in strange things like i have to press the other button 2times before the feedback is working again.

could you give me a hint where i have to start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/112 ... R_1-4.bmtp

DvlsAdvct

2015-11-30 16:39:26

Hi fredpinski

What you want to do is utilize the Incoming action for Preset Change - When This Preset is Activated

And have the outgoing action be a MIDI message setting the color of the correct button. Does that make sense?

Jared

florian

2015-12-01 13:28:45

and to chime in... if you still need further help, can you post here the MIDI messages the Livid is sending for the 4 buttons, and which message do you want to send back to the buttons on which button press?