Convert single midi CCs into absolute values.

DaltWisney

2015-11-25 15:06:06

Hey,
im pretty new to midi translator, so I don't have everything figured out yet.
The Problem i'm having is mapping the endless encoders from my a&h xone k2 to the ableton user scripts (macro knobs).
The problem with these encoders is, that they don't send absolute values but only cc 1 when turned left and cc 127 when turned right,
Is there a way to make them send a "stream" of CCs (1-127)? What'be cool is if they could skip every second value so they'd send e.g.
0-2-4-6-8- etc. -124-126. It would be pretty cool if someone could help me with that.

Regards, Jo

DvlsAdvct

2015-11-25 16:31:33

If you're trying to get your endless encoders to work in Ableton, you need to change the encoder type from Absolute to one of the Relative selections. That will fix your first problem.

Your second problem is a little more complicated. First, you should be able to change the message type of the encoder in the K2, using their set up features. If that doesn't work, and it only sends a relative signal, than you can use MT to rectify that.

You'd need a simple translator that just adds or removes 2 steps from the CC message as it goes out. Since it's a relative control signal that's really simple.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Relative to Absolute x2
Incoming: MIDI Message
CC Message
Channel: [i]whatever your channel[/i]
Velocity: Any
Use Variable: pp
Rules:
if pp==127 then Goto "Up"
if pp==1 then Goto "Down"
Label "Up"
g0=g0+2
if g0>127 then g0=127
Label "Down"
g0=g0-2
if g0<0 then g0=0
Outgoing: MIDI Message
Channel: [i]whatever your channel[/i]
Velocity: Any
Use Variable: g0
So this way every time you click the knob it goes up or down by 2, depending on the direction. Keep your knobs in Ableton as Absolute, and this should work fine.

Hope that makes sense
J