lemur mouse control

Magnuzoid

2015-11-10 18:54:17

Hi everybody,
Just had some fun today trying to make a controller for playing video games! :)
I've been using the Lemur app on my iPad, playing around with different controller types, and I really like the XYZ objects.
I wanted to have a pitchbend message sent from the app on each separate channel, so I could control the mouse movent, and when letting go the mouse stops moving. Problem is when I got it working it's like it's one or the other (X or Y).. It really doesn't work well..

what I was thinking though: what positive "mouse control experiences" do you guys have?
I'd really like to just play around using only the controller.

:)

florian

2015-11-26 16:34:00

hi, sorry for the late reply! we know that there are many users who use the mouse emulation in their productive setup. So, in principle it should work fine to entirely control the mouse using a touch controller. If you post your MT Pro project file, maybe we can spot the problem?
Florian

Magnuzoid

2015-11-26 18:52:06

Hey Florian,
Nice of you to reply. I'm going to attach the file as was when I last left it.
I kinda gave up on this, since all I could find was people using the mouse controls to move the cursor to specific coordinates.
Hope you can help me shine some light on the use of it I hadn't taken into consideration.

as I recall I got so much jitter in the movement in-game, that I tried to narrow movement within my screen coordinates (1440 x 900).

-Magnus
Attachments
cs controller mpd24.bmtp
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

florian

2016-01-11 11:42:01

Hi,
terribly sorry for the late reply! So your mouse code takes the absolute position as coming from the lemur app, but then moves the mouse pointer by a relative amount. In general, there are 2 ways to do this:
1) absolute: position the mouse pointer to the absolute position to wherever the lemur pointer is. You need to use global variables for x and y so that for x direction, you still know the y position, and vice versa.
2) relative: in MT, calculate the difference of the last lemur position to the current position and then move the mouse by this amount.

The latter is slightly more difficult to do, attached is a version for absolute position (assuming the lemur sends pitch bend X/Y coordinates with full range). I assume 1440x900 for the screen resolution.

Hope that helps...
Florian
Attachments
cs controller mpd24 AbsPos.bmtp
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Magnuzoid

2016-01-11 11:44:38

Thanks a lot, Florian - I will check it soon and let you know.
It's just cool that you take your time to answer :)

Best regards