Ax Fx 2 via midi to pc for jpg video screen selection

rrockpowell

2015-10-06 23:15:40

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding best approach for using Bome in a fun application. I have an Ax Fx 2, i and i want program Bome to intercept my presest patches from the AX FX 2 via usb to A PC then Bome will interpret my midi data with correct preset # (ex. patch #53 mesaboogieRhythm) then have bome bring up a high resolution jpg of a mesa boogie rectifier head. i have the midi data part figured and can link the output of Bome to a foldler with a jpg, but each time im changing presets, by the end of the night performing, ill have 200000 jpegs open my amp pictures. lol

Any suggestions as to not have jpegs cascading on my toolbar each time i change a preset?

If you need more clairfication on what i explained let me know.

Thanks!!

DvlsAdvct

2015-10-07 16:06:41

Hi rrockpowell

This is kind of complicated.

You COULD put a command in when you trigger opening any JPEG, the first thing that happens is a mouse command goes off to hit the Close button, or a keyboard shortcut injected directly into the app, then have the JPEG open with a delay?

Would that work?
Jared

florian

2015-10-07 21:15:53

chiming in...

In addition to DvlsAdvct's suggestions, you could also try to find a image viewer program that will not open a new window when launched again. Rather, open the new image in the first window.

If you're on Mac, you can also give AppleScript a try. I'm sure you can direct Preview to show an image in the current window. Or, merely use AppleScript to close the current Preview before showing the new image. That should be simple.

rrockpowell

2015-10-08 23:35:36

thanks for all of the suggestions! I also may try taking a stab brushing off my visual studio book from college and make a custom program to interface via keystrokes via output from bome. Ill let you all know what my outcome is and may post a youtube link showing its completion.

florian

2015-10-09 15:17:25

sounds good!