Ground Control Pro triggering *Unassigned* button in Ableton!!

optimalgabe

2015-10-02 09:39:56

:mrgreen: First Post! :mrgreen:

Hello and all of the thanks to the Bome Staff for making such phenomenal products. :D

I'm new to this level of MIDI language... and as the title stated, A different button that isn't assigned through the translator or in the Ableton midi assign window, is somehow triggering a completely different button... For more clarity/context as to why this is terrible:

Im starting slow and just assigning Two buttons for the Live looper. I have one set to the Record/Overdub. Another set to the Clear recording button. Simple.

The Instant Access mode on the Ground control pro Sends a midi signal to toggle on, and toggle off (B0 00 7F and B0 00 00). I have them both translated to the same, randomly chosen midi message (I picked 90 4B pp, variation of the midi message example lol). I should mention that I cant use keystrokes because I'm running Ableton off screen with the software Traktor in front of me, So midi messages are unavoidable, unless there's a way to type onto an un-focused window without using two computers.

Whenever I used the GCP to trigger the Live Looper to record, it captures it perfectly, but then the undo button gets triggered on the live looper almost 4 counts in, basically removing what was just recorded.

I've tried switching the send midi message, I played around with the Translator Rules for a bit but haven't gotten too deep yet as my head has been spinning with midi hexadecimals for days now.

So, How in the #@& do I mend this?

Thank you for reading this! Looking forward to taking Midi Translator even deeper!

-x

DvlsAdvct

2015-10-02 19:13:54

Hi optimalgabe

I did a little digging and found that this might be a bug with the Looper in Ableton itself, and not anything we can deal with. The first step to check is whether or not MT Pro is sending any MIDI. Do you see any action in the log window or the event monitor when the undo button triggers in the Looper?

Looper Goes Haywire
Looper Undo/Redo bug

It also might be useful to see if this happens when you trigger the Looper without MT in the way, as a test.

Does that make sense?
Jared

optimalgabe

2015-10-03 00:03:45

Hey Jared,

Makes complete sense!

I'll definitely monitor if MT is processing anything after i trigger the looper, other wise this seems like its the undo/redo bug. :cry:

Whats interesting is it's only when triggered by midi.... If i click it with my mouse it works normally.

I'll do some experimenting to see if MT has any play in this, but it looks like i'll have to take this up with the ableton forums.

Thanks!

DvlsAdvct

2015-10-03 18:04:34

No problem. Just keep us informed. If it is MT sending something we need to know so we can get it fixed ASAP.