Turn Program Change Message into Toggle Switch?

mattz

2015-10-01 09:00:30

Hi,

I'm using a foot pedal switch for multiple functions (I have the bank change buttons of my FBV Shortboard changing MTP Preset Banks). On most banks (Presets), the Prog Change messages are just changing guitar patches.

On this bank, however, I'm controlling the Looper in Live. The Reverse button requires a Toggle on/off switch. How can I change a PC message (CE 03, in this case) to BE 25 00 on the first press, and BE 25 7F on the next (and so on).

I've tried several of the Toggle rules here in the forums, but they seem to be for incoming CCs or Notes that already have a value between 00 and 7F. Any help is appreciated!

DvlsAdvct

2015-10-01 19:56:40

Hi mattz

You'll wnat to use some rules for this. Keep your incoming message the same, but your outgoing message should have pp for the last bit of data (BE 25 pp)

your rules should read as:

Code: Select all

g0=g0+1
if g0>2 then g0==0
if g0==0 then pp=0
if g0==1 then pp=127
That should cycle through and change the outgoing message.
Hope that helps
Jared

mattz

2015-10-02 03:19:55

Thanks! MTP didn't like the double-equals (==) sign on the If g0>2 line, but a single equal sign did work.

Man you guys are great. Between the power of MTP and the support here, I feel like I can get any piece of gear to do what I want.

DvlsAdvct

2015-10-02 03:29:26

Oh yeah, that was my bad. It's what you get for not checking your work :p

Great to hear.
Jared