Presonus Studio One DAW integration with GSR24 ??

SensoryMusicGroup

2015-09-23 23:59:00

Hi, this is my first post, but a big ask..

I know there are bome templates for Protools to go with the Allen & Heath GSR24 and bome templates for reaper..
But there seems to be no way to get the GSR24 working with Presonus Studio One, im wondering if its possible to use the Mackie Control Extension in presonus and somehow get something going between that and bome and the GSR24, but im completely lost i cant seem to get the three to talk, and its incredibly frustrating, sadly Allen & Heaths support is diabolical, and presonus MIDI spec is not great, Cubase MIDI integration is much superior, but Presonus is what we use so i need to stick with this for a solution.
the Mackie HUI mode works but just 8 channels of my 24 are useable ARGHH !

PLEASE HELP !
There is someone out there knows how to do this, just a little help would be great.

Thanks
Chris

florian

2015-10-01 09:56:58

Hi,
sorry for the late reply!! Unfortunately, we don't have Studio One here and I don't know much about the format which Studio One expects.

The most complete, but also most cumbersome way is to take one of the GSR24 presets like the one for Cubase, and adapt the Outgoing Actions from GSR and the Incoming Actions from Studio One to the respective messages expected by Studio One. It might not be so hard if you have the documentation for Studio One. We're here to help you with that, if you provide more information to the latter.

Otherwise, you could also try a bit more to go with the existing GSR24 presets:

Mackie HUI mode uses 3 virtual MIDI ports to make 3x8 channels available. So maybe there is a setting in Studio One for Mackie mode to use 3 MIDI ports?

And maybe worthwhile: use the preset for Reaper or Cubase and then use MIDI learn in Studio One (if it has MIDI Learn)?

Sorry I'm not of more help here...
Regards,
Florian