Global variables as MIDI CC number

g.lolo3

2015-09-18 10:22:03

Hi,

I would like to define the CC(s) number(s) of my MIDI controller(s) in global variables. So that I easily change it in order to make my presets more flexible. My problem is that if I use "B0 g0 7F" as the incoming MIDI message it set the g0 value instead of checking that the MIDI CC number is the g0 value. I manage to make it work with a simple rule "B0 pp 7F" if pp != g0 exit but I would like to know if there is a simpler way to do it.

Laurent.

DvlsAdvct

2015-09-18 17:08:05

Hi Laurent

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to prevent MIDI messages from being sent unless the CC is a certain type?

Jared

g.lolo3

2015-09-18 23:44:41

Hi again,
I just want to define the CC number of the MIDI messages triggers in global variables. So that I can easily "reconfigure" my presets if needed without having to modify every translator. Hope I'm clear enough.
Regards.

DvlsAdvct

2015-09-20 18:47:08

I'm actually having a hard time grasping what you're trying to do. If you set the CC value of a message to a global variable, every time you turn a knob it's going to reset the global variable amount. How are you trying to change the outgoing value of the CC messages? For example, are you using a shift button, or a button to switch what the outgoing message should be? Or do you just want the outgoing message of every knob to be the same?

Jared