MTP thinks my German keyboard is British

kurtr2

2015-09-03 22:56:59

Hi Florian,

I am mapping keystrokes in ableton live. i have a german keyboard layout and i map the ü to a button in live, then go to MTP and map midi message input to output keystroke ü, but when i press that key in the keystroke output field MTP thinks i pressed "[", which is what the british keyboard layout would be.

please advise?

thanks,
Kurt

kurtr2

2015-09-03 23:06:58

from reading other posts i gather that MTP outputs only british keystroke layouts, so even if shift(2) on my keyboard is " (quotation mark) MTP will instead output @ when i tell it to output Shift(2). correct?

thanks,
Kurt

florian

2015-09-03 23:44:05

In MT Pro, the "physical keys" emulation should always emulate pressing the keys on that same position on your keyboard. So the same preset will produce @ if run on a computer with a british keyboard, and " if run on a German computer.

Now with the "Text" emulation (since MT Pro 1.8 ), you should be able to enter the quotation mark, and it will always emulate the keys necessary to generate it. Have you tried that?

Florian

kurtr2

2015-09-04 07:56:25

ok thanks. how do you set that preference?

florian

2015-09-04 10:08:02

in the Keystroke Outgoing Action, select "Text" and not "Physical Keys" (MIDI Translator Pro 1.8 required)