Emulate Output Keystroke timed combination of keys

mingle51

2015-09-02 17:23:10

I've been working with Bome Midi for about 2 weeks now and love the product.. Seem to be a bit of a learning curve if you plan on scripting any with it.. I have a current project that I am working on to integrate my Ableton Live and my Songshow plus presentation software so Ableton can call up slides.. "That's a chord chart and slide for the audience and different one for the band chord chart". It seems to be working well as songshow has keyboard shortcut that work well with bome midi. I am running the whole thing on a windows 8 and windows 10 OS with intel based i7 processors. It's fast and flawless. The mouse function with Bome midi allows me to use the mouse to fire off presentation slides and the keyboard shortcut with SS Plus lets me do the rest.. Once I finish the project I will post it on youtube maybe a link back to the form for anyone that would like to use the same setup.. Basically it lets my church run live worship sets via multipacks with a live band and jump around and arrange on the fly while pulling slides and chord charts on the fly for the audience and stage/band with chord charts on a large project located at the back of the room.. By using a softstep 2 its hand free also once you have your set..This is all working via midi over wifi. slick..

I need help with the scripting part to advance a chorus.. Something with songshow when using a keyboard shortcut on a chorus is a combination of 2 keys storks to make it advance to the next selected chorus..Basical to go to chorus 2 you need a combination of keystrokes you need to hold "O" key for a sec or 2 and continue to keep it pressed then press and hold the number "2" key for about a 1 sec and release both and the slide will move to chorus 2.. Thinking I might could use some type of timer but not sure how the timers works in bome midi. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I am stuck for the moment which I feel confidant it can be done in bome midi but I just don't know how. Help please???

florian

2015-09-15 11:39:36

Hi mingle,
sorry for the late reply! And thanks for the description -- very interesting!

For your keystroke "hold" question, you can best use the "delay outgoing action" function. Use the corresponding checkbox at the very bottom of the outgoing action.

So if I understand correctly, you want to do this (the number gives the time in seconds):

0 - key down 'O'
1 - key down '2'
2 - key up '2' and key up '2'

Now, assuming your input message is a standard Note On message, you can do it by scheduling all 4 events from that one trigger. You should adapt the incoming action to whatever you like, and use the same one for all translators.
Important: do not check "stop processing" in the general translator options. And do not specify a repeat for the Key Down outgoing actions.

Code: Select all

[x] Translator 0.0: Key Down 'O'
Incoming: Note On on channel 1 with note:64 (0x40) and any velocity
Outgoing: Key down: O, delay:0 seconds

[x] Translator 0.1: Key Down '2'
Outgoing: Key down: 2, delay:1 seconds

[x] Translator 0.2: Key Up '2'
Outgoing: Key up: 2, delay:2 seconds

[x] Translator 0.3: Key Up '2'
Outgoing: Key up: O, delay:2 seconds
Let us know how this works!
Florian

mingle51

2016-02-13 19:53:08

Hello Florian,

I have an issue now when capture midi notes. I am using abltenton live to generate the midi note and rtpmidi to between my laptops to capture wifi midi signal. It worked up to point when capture incoming signal via media message capture midi. Now regardless of the note I set in ableton bome thinks its a A3 note... I've updated the software that didn't seem to help either..

florian

2016-02-25 00:42:16

that is weird! Have you checked MT's log window (enable MIDI IN) to check the raw incoming message?
Otherwise, I'm inclined to say that chances are that Ableton/RTP-MIDI send indeed the same note to MT...
However, if this turns out to be a bug in MT, it's not known yet and we'd do everything we can to fix it.
Thanks,
Florian