start minimized

mingle51

2015-08-19 04:26:46

I have MT set to autostart but it start in full screen i would like for it to minimize or hide the system tray.. Can this be done i don't see an option of it.. Also can the present/translator be locked so it can't be easily edited?

florian

2015-08-23 14:17:13

We will add back an option to start minimized, please see also 1.8 Minimize to tray.
There is currently no option to lock presets/translators, but we plan a "performance mode" or similar for the next version. In performance mode, you cannot edit the project.

mingle51

2015-08-28 21:22:02

Hey Florian,
I have a question about the keyboard characters. To pull up a blank screen with my presentation software it needs an * but bome midi doesn't understand what that is? Do you have a work around?

florian

2015-08-30 12:05:46

have you tried in the Keystroke Outgoing Action selecting "Text" rather than "Physical Keys" and enter * there?

mingle51

2015-08-31 00:37:41

Thanks for the reply but no that did seem to work either.. It puts a num * in the keystroke actions..

florian

2015-08-31 12:14:45

Hi, it works for me... you are on Windows, right? Which language is your keyboard?
On my American keyboard, I need to enter SHIFT+8 into the Keystroke Out Text field, and it first shows Shift, then * and keeps it as that. Also saving and reloading the project will not convert it into NUM*. So I wonder what is going on? Can you attach your project file?
Attached is my test project. Whenever you press the space bar, MIDI Translator will emulate typing *.
Attachments
keystroke out test.bmtp
(831 Bytes) Downloaded 155 times

mingle51

2015-08-31 20:28:57

I have a dell laptop that I am using for the midi translator which you need to press the shiftkey to switch to Shift * function and it you couldn't delete the num lock out of the field.. I used a software number pad as a work around and it put num * in the test field.. I tried a 101 keyboard from my workstation PC and it worked fine.. So think it's something with the laptop keyboard and midi translator. But anyway I have a work around now by plugging in a 101 keyboard..

Peet

2015-10-23 03:30:13

florian wrote:We will add back an option to start minimized, please see also 1.8 Minimize to tray.
There is currently no option to lock presets/translators, but we plan a "performance mode" or similar for the next version. In performance mode, you cannot edit the project.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. One of the only things MIDI-OX can do (at least hide to tray) that MT pro seems to have lost as an ability. Looking forward to the next update (any experimental builds / betas perhaps?)