Controling Presentation software

mingle51

2015-08-18 20:27:37

I am new to Bome Midi and needing some guidance controlling mouse movement and mouse click.. I've not seen away to combine more then one function at a time.. I need to move the mouse to a location and then double left click to select.. I can get the mouse to move to the right xy pixels but not double click mouse after moving to the right position. I need to combine that function with a physical key stroke 1 or number 2 etc.. Can that been done in one translator? Direction please....

DvlsAdvct

2015-08-18 23:57:20

Hi mingle

So you can't combine mouse movement with clicks in one translator, since a translator can only have one outgoing action. We could do this with one string, however. You press keystroke 1 and a timer goes off. This timer triggers it jumps to the exact position that you need. And then will process the click actions.

It would look something like this:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Button Press
Incoming Message: Keystroke:  1
Rules: g0=1
Outgoing Message: Timer: Mouse Action 0ms Delay repeat 3 times Repetition Delay 30ms
[i]//You may need to dial this delay in[/i]

Translator 2: Location Set
Incoming Message: Mouse Action Timer
Rules: if g0!=1 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
g0=2
Outgoing Message: Mouse Absolute Position x y

Translator 3: Mouse Click 1
Rules: if g0!=2 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
g0=3
Outgoing message: Mouse Left Click

Translator 4: Mouse Click 2
Rules: if g0!=3 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
g0=0
Outgoing Message: Mouse Left Click
Does that make sense?
Jared

mingle51

2015-08-19 04:14:27

Worked great Jared thank you so much. prefect..

mingle51

2015-08-28 21:15:59

Well ran it to a little bit of an issues I hope you can help out on.. The presentation software that I am using use keyboard shortcuts to move through the different slides.. Sometimes need a combination of keystrokes.. Like when I need to call a slide for song lyric bridge is 0 which works fine.. But is I need to call up bridge 2 then I need to press 0 and hold and then press the number 2. When I combine the action in midi translation the presentation software does recognize it and only move to verse 2 as 2 is all you need to press to get verse 2 slide up.. Help please..

mingle51

2015-08-31 05:08:46

Working on my songshow and ableton live 9 integration and run into an issues with shortcut on songshow running my chorus. Songshow uses a 0 to select a chorus slides and 1 or 2 depending on which slide you select or the chorus. I've been trying to figure how to get midi translator to hold the 0 key down for 3 sec and while holding the 0 key down press 1. Can you give me some guidance or direction here?

DvlsAdvct

2015-08-31 15:16:02

Hi Mingle

What are you using to trigger these commands?

jared

mingle51

2015-08-31 20:16:34

To test i'm using a physical keystroke like z on my keyboard. But final input device will be midi clip from ableton live that triggers it.

mingle51

2015-08-31 23:01:41

Almost finished with my mapping for Songshow presentation software to work with my ableton live. But I can't seem to figure out how to hold down the 0 key for 2 seconds and while holding the key press the number 2 and release both.. For now I am just testing with a physical keystroke like pressing the z key on the keyboard as the incoming action. When z is press out going action would be a physical keystroke 01 hold down the 0 key for 2 seconds and while holding press 2 then release. Can someone please point me in the right place?
Attachments
Chorust.bmtp
(837 Bytes) Downloaded 90 times

mingle51

2015-09-01 16:08:29

So no takers on being able to press and hold down a key for a length of 2 to 3 sec. This is the last part that's holding me up finishing my Songshow and a ableton intergration. I guess midi translator is able to have this type of funcationlty?

mingle51

2015-09-02 16:33:43

Guess no takers on my following post to get midi translator output and hold down a key for a specific length of time before pressing a different key?

DvlsAdvct

2015-09-03 15:35:30

Hi mingle

Sorry for the delay but I've been traveling for my thrilling day job.

You can handle this kind of stuff with action delays, found at the bottom of the translator box.

We'll use the incoming action Z for our example

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Keystroke String
Incoming Action: Keystroke Z
Outgoing Action: Keystroke Down Event 0

Translator 2: Keystroke String
Outgoing Action: Keystroke Down Event 2
	Action Delay: 5ms

Translator 3: Keystroke String Release
Outgoing Action: Keystroke Up event 0