Keystroke output doesn't work

joikim

2015-08-15 10:59:20

Hi everybody,
I would like to know why i dont have blue light in keystroke output.
Sorry for my english i hope you understand my problem!
Thank a lot for your answer!

florian

2015-08-15 11:09:30

do you mean in the Event Monitor in MIDI Translator? Can you enable the Log Window to see what is happening?
Otherwise, please copy/paste your translators here so that we can see what you're trying to do.

joikim

2015-08-15 12:12:12

Hello and thank you for your quick response.
In fact, the keystroke signal output seems to work on third-party software (for now wordpad). I try to converge keyboard input ("a") into a keyboard output ("z"). This one does not seem to be recognized in Ableton Live.
Ableton recognize midi output BMT, but not the keyboard output.
I, unwanted google translation is better, right?

florian

2015-08-15 12:30:45

in general, this should work. But be advised that "a" is also sent to ableton.
Can you verify in the MIDI Translator's Log Window that "z" is correctly sent?
Can you copy/paste the log window output into this forum?
Thanks,
Florian

joikim

2015-08-15 14:10:40

1: IN 0.2 Physical Keys: A
2: OUT 0.2 Z
3: IN 0.2 Physical Keys: A
4: OUT 0.2 Z : keystroke suppressed (main window active)
5: IN 0.2 Physical Keys: A
6: OUT 0.2 Z : keystroke suppressed (main window active)

joikim

2015-08-15 14:12:40

The "a" is sent using FAAST

florian

2015-08-15 14:24:07

can you check with Notepad or another text editor or word processor if that works?
I don't know Faast, but can't you send the z directly to Ableton Live?

joikim

2015-08-15 16:38:34

Yes It working in word pad, but Ableton don't receive the signal (i've assigned "z" for launch a sample).

joikim

2015-08-15 16:47:07

Yes i can send the signal directly in ableton when i use my physical keyboard.
In real i use a kinect v2 and i try to convert my gestures in midi signal. So i use Kinect > FAAST> Bome> Live.
When i move my right arm (for example) Faast whrite "A", Bome can receive the "a" and send it in a midi signal, it working well : in ableton i can really ear C or D or anything. But if i whant to send the signal "a" to an other keystroke, ableton don't receive the signal.

joikim

2015-08-15 17:07:03

In fact I think I realized something: :idea:
The window of BOme's must be in the foreground for Ableton RECEIVES lunch signal. If ableton is in foreground, he don't receive the bome's signal. So this is why it does not work with the keyboard: the keyboard Ableton receives signal if it is in the foreground. But BOMe's does not send the signal if it is in the background :?

florian

2015-08-19 08:13:09

Hi Joikim,
I'm getting lost here... in fact, MIDI Translator only sends keystrokes if is in background! Otherwise, you could only use the keystroke emulation with MT itself... and didn't you say that when putting Wordpad in foreground, the keystrokes sent by MT work fine? So this looks more like an issue with Ableton Live. I am quite sure that many users of MIDI Translator use it to send keystrokes to Ableton Live, so I'm wondering what is happening here. Can you post your MIDI Translator project file, or, better, copy/paste all translators into this forum?

And I still do not understand why you don't let FAAST send the keystrokes directly to Ableton Live?