Qu-16 and Windows Pro Tools Help

MikeP

2015-07-26 07:20:52

Hi, I am new to the MT software (just bought it). I don't have much experience with coding either. I am trying to get my Allen and Heath Qu-16 to control Pro Tools 12 using Windows 7 Pro. I get the gist of the programming, and can see the values of buttons I push on the console that show up in the log window in MT. I can also see the data in the log from faders I move in the pro tools software with a mouse. For the life of me, I cannot get the two to talk so that the console fader moves the software fader and so on. I have a feeling it has to do with the routing, but nothing I have tried has worked. I started out with the Qu-24 template that someone posted on another thread and have been trying to work from there. I have set the midi controller in Pro Tools to MT for send and receive, as some of the other threads have laid out, but still no luck. Thanks for any help!

DvlsAdvct

2015-08-12 21:02:07

Hi Mike

Terribly sorry for the massively long delay in response.

Can you tell me, or take screen shots, of how your project's default incoming and outgoing ports are set up? The incoming ports should be the Qu-16, and the outgoing port should be one of the MT Virtual Ports. You want to make sure that Pro-Tools is set to listen to that same Virtual Port to receive the messages.

Does that make sense?
Jared

MikeP

2015-08-13 04:02:08

Thanks for the response, I know you guys are busy. Since the original post, I have been able to get Pro Tools to send MIDI signals to the Qu-16, and the corresponding faders on the Qu will move when I move the PT fader on the screen with my mouse. I currently have MT set up with MT virtual 1 and Qu-16 as my MIDI inputs, and have MT virtual 1 and Qu-16 as my MIDI outputs in the HUI 2 QU. I am using a template from Allen and Heath for a GS model board which is quite different, but it gave me a starting point to see how the chains worked.

My issue now, is getting the Qu to talk back to PT in the QU 2 HUI . I don't know much about coding (though I'm trying my hardest in my spare time). I'm also not sure how to post a screenshot on your forum (right click and control v not working)...embarrassing!

As an example: HUI 2 QU preset
Fader 1 - input is B0 00 pp B0 20 xx on default ports
- output is B1 00 pp on default ports

This setup works and will talk to the hardware. But when I try to reverse that on the QU 2 HUI preset, the hardware will not talk to the software. This is where I am stumped. Thank you again for your help!