Can I use the same Label in two different translators

gabriels

2015-07-06 06:59:31

I think it maybe ok, but just checking, because I'm experiencing a problem I can't figure out.
If I use the same label (jump destination) in two different translators, does this cause a problem (ie the jump might be to the destination of the same name in a different) or is the scope of the jump destination restricted to the translator in which the jump is made. Sorry for the tortured attempt to express my thoughts ;-)
Thanks,
Gabriel

DvlsAdvct

2015-07-06 15:40:29

Hi gabriels

Jump labels can be used across multiple translators, definitely. For example, I have multiple translators in a project that all say "if xx=yy then Goto "4" " or something like that. You should be perfectly fine doing that.

gabriels

2015-07-06 18:33:37

Hi Jared,
Thanks. On the other hand...too bad. I was hoping that might explain some difficulty I'm having with a project now. OK...back to the drawing board.
Gabriel

DvlsAdvct

2015-07-06 18:36:06

Can you post your Rules for some of the translators? I'm curious.

gabriels

2015-07-06 19:42:06

Sure... but what should I pick to send you? Something using the same label in different translators?
Gabriel

DvlsAdvct

2015-07-06 20:04:38

If you are having translators not work with the labels, just give me some examples of the rules for those translators. If you have 5 translators that all use the same labels, post them.

gabriels

2015-07-06 20:50:20

It was only grasping at straws that made me hope that duplicate labels were creating my problem. But, anyway, I thought I'd send you an example. Strangely, I can't find the translators in which I did that. I'm at work now and can't take the time to search for them. I don't think I dreamt up the situation.
I'll post later