Bomes blocking keystrokes?

DeRoc

2015-06-29 20:03:09

Hi,
This is VERY odd:
In any window (Win7x64) that's opened through a BMT translator, there is no response to the auxiliary buttons (PgUp, PgDn, etc.) on a Logitech mouse, nor will it respond to any AutoHotKey messages. The standard left/right click and scroll wheel work normally.

This happens in Internet Explorer, MS Word, Excel, Notepad, Adobe Acrobat, pretty much any program opened using BMT; I can open them directly and all work fine with hotkeys. Within the BMT editor also, I cannot use Autohotkey shortcuts or the extra mouse buttons.

The kicker is: I re-installed v1.72 to get the functionality back but did not; the problem is now embedded somehow.
I did have an issue overwriting the file "\Windows\SysWOW64\bmidilib.dll", so I moved it out of the directory and let it re-install.

I've run out of ideas...
Clues welcome!

florian

2015-06-29 22:13:10

Hi DeRoc,

very strange indeed! So you mean you're starting a program with the Outgoing Action "Execute File" in MT, and then this program will not accept emulated PgUp/PgDown and other keystrokes from AutoHotKey or your mouse aux buttons?

Fwiw, we do not block any keystrokes...

I have just tried here, and it worked fine with the aux buttons on my mouse.

Do you use Keystroke as incoming action, too?
Can you post your project file?

Thanks,
Florian

DeRoc

2015-06-29 23:26:14

Yes, running most any file that opens a window will not receive messages. I have a nanoKontrol setup with outgoing Execute File on most translators; all incoming are midi messages. It doesn't matter if the action points directly to a file or opens it from a script, batch file, association, etc.

I know MT isn't blocking anything (since it never did before), but the message is certainly is getting lost in there.
I've tried looking at permissions, compatibility modes, run-as admin, folder options, internet options, security....nothing I can see.
I used this method from day 1 with MT and never had a problem. Only after the update did it break.

File is attached.
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
RunPrograms.bmtp
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

florian

2015-06-29 23:45:22

Hi DeRoc,
this is quite strange! Why would it matter which process started a program?
The most intriguing is that even MT 1.7.2 will now exhibit this behavior. That seems more like a problem with Windows and not with MT in particular.
Have you tried another program to start one of these programs and see if that works?
Have you rebooted your computer to see if that helps?

Thanks,
Florian

DeRoc

2015-06-30 00:24:28

Ok, thanks Florian.
Yes, many reboots and re-installs (anything I can do here to remove potential file conflicts?)

One thing not affected is a regular Windows file explorer. All works normally when launched through MT.
It certainly seems like a localized problem I'll have to play around with. I'll try swapping USB ports, and... google.

Thanks again!