Basic simple rules for triggering multiple lights

donexecute

2015-06-09 00:10:58

Hello!

Im really new in MT and i know those will be really noob questions but you will help me alot!
I kinda figure it out the basic things about channels, notes, velocity. I managed to make a translator for triggering different colors of lights on buttons on my APC 40 mkII.

What i want to do:

I want to press let say first upper left button ( 5x8 ) which lights all the buttons under ( the first column of 5 buttons ). For this i used translators for each button.

Can you tell me what rule should i type to get that kind of result with just one translator or just few of them?

The same thing goes for if i want to set just one button ( off the 5x8 matrix ) to turn off all the lights?
If any1 have that kind of MT project file with basic similar setup i would really appeiciate if you can share it. Its really easier if i learn from real thing...kinda getting lost in theory readings :)

DvlsAdvct

2015-06-10 15:18:47

The fastest way to do this, for me, is to create a translator with one incoming message and then 5 outgoing messages. It would look like

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Column 1 On
Incoming Message: 90 00 7F
Outgoing Message: 90 00 7F 90 01 7F 90 02 7F 90 03 7F 90 04 7F
This will turn all of the LEDs on. If you want to turn them all off with another translator you'd do it the same way, but with different outgoing commands. I wish there was a faster way, but unless your controller has a command in the firmware to turn all LEDs off then you have to make those commands manually.