Samplers

dkut

2015-06-07 09:46:20

Hello. Newbie, using A4000 sampler,.. planing to rip everithing possible out of it. :D
Simply want to understand the right connection with BMT Pro and this type of hardware. Any suggestions and examples will be appreciated greatfully.

DvlsAdvct

2015-06-08 04:06:04

Hi dkut

If you want to connect MT Pro, you'd need to be sure to have some sort of MIDI interface, either USB to MIDI or some sort of audio interface that has a MIDI output on it. I don't know if many people are going to be able to provide you with presets, but we can work together to get what you need.

Thanks
Jared

dkut

2015-06-08 07:44:00

Thanks Jared. Yes, i have usb to midi cable - turtle beach square, working with driver, with midi monitoring on all sixsteen channels. Allso, on my pc, the arsenal of mt pro, send sx and the fifth version of ableton.
The whole idea is to drive the hardware sampler in multitimbral mode, because the same have a poor sequencer.
From my point of view, mt pro should stand in between for easy access of both. As far i understood, the two platforms / a4 and live / are passive or slaves. To drive means that every channel on a4 must be, like synchronize to recieve not only sequencer, but midi information. Midi information means, - note, and every possible parameter on the hardware itself. I'm not too good to midi understanding by now, but I have the normal idea of what the midi doing as above..

DvlsAdvct

2015-06-08 17:20:01

So you can set Ableton to be a Master. I'm not 100% sure on Ableton 5, but you should be able to output the clock through MT Pro into the A4000 easily. in fact, using the MIDI Router, you can send everything straight from Ableton directly into the A4000, as long as it reads MIDI clock.

So, what you would do is select a Virtual MIDI Port provided with MT Pro, like Virtual Port 1, and set it to Sync in Ableton under Output. Then, in MT Pro, you open the Router and select Virtual Port 1 In and draw a connection to the USB to MIDI Driver you're using to connect to the A4000. Once Ableton starts playing the sampler should start receiving the MIDI clock.

As for everything else, MT Pro can listen for and translate every MIDI message that comes in without a problem. Let me know what it is you're trying to do and we can figure it out.

J

dkut

2015-06-09 19:00:10

Yes, i have signal. This is on Live 8 on my desktop pc. I have selected in Live preferences control surface output mt 1 / or virtual port 1 /, and in midi ports, mt output in sync on value scaling. When i push play in live, have signal indication in mt : midi in, midi time code and router out. In midi port in mt i check marks on mt virtual in, usb cable out.
Last night, i tried to capture something from live. It's capture only two commands :
F8 - timing clock, when play button is activated
FC - song stop, when stop button is activated and that's it..
As i understand, this signal or midi clock must serve like ground on the basis of which, must stand the control elements - control change, program change, etc..

DvlsAdvct

2015-06-10 15:14:08

That's exactly what should happen. And you should be able to get the MIDI clock going to your sampler as well.

If you want it to capture anything else you need to assign MIDI commands to the messages in Ableton. Then you should be able to see those commands in MT. Does that make sense?