System tray question ;~)

levdave

2015-06-06 10:01:50

Hi !
I'm using Bome midi translator for several years, for 2 master keyboards and a computer running Brainspawn Forte, with a midiman midi merge and an Alesis "midi->usb" device.

These days I've got some new bugs in my set-up, and I've noticed that the central "led" of the Bome system tray icon lights red. the two right leds are green, and the two left ones are green too.

Is this red color normal ? I though the central led was green as the four others, before, but I'm not sure. If the red color means anything, it could help me to understand where is the mistake in my set-up...

Thanks in advance !

david.

(by the way, I've got something else to ask : from about 1 year, when boot my computer, it often asks me for the serial number, and so blocks my startup process for nothing, could I do anything to prevent from these untimely serial verifications???)

florian

2015-06-06 23:37:09

Hi,
the center LED in the tray means "translating". It's the same as that LED in the event monitor in the MIDI Translator window. I don't think it ever becomes red. It can be black for "no activity" or yellow for "activity". So if the center LED stays black, there's no translation going on. If the left and right LED's are both on, you may only have MIDI Router activity, but no translators being triggered.

I haven't heard of other users having your problem that the program regularly asks for the license key. Maybe they just assume that it is normal and don't report back? Anyway, MT should only ask for the license key once. It is stored in the registry, so maybe you have a registry problem? Which Windows version do you use?

Best regards,
Florian

levdave

2015-06-07 00:33:02

Thanks Florian !
I took screenshots, so you can see when it's black, and when it's red. For about a week it never becomes yellow anymore !...

Very strange... :shock:
SystrayOn.jpg
SystrayOn.jpg (3.15 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
SystrayOff.jpg
SystrayOff.jpg (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

About my serial number, my system is Win8.

florian

2015-06-07 00:52:37

so it seems that your project file is simply not translating anything. Your incoming MIDI messages do not trigger any translators.
You can check out the Log Window to see what happens.

I don't know how your setup works, but it seems that either your preset is broken, or your MIDI devices suddenly send other MIDI data that does not trigger the translators in Bome's MIDI Translator. For example, if your master keyboard is set to send on a different MIDI channel, the effect could be what you're seeing.

Otherwise, attach your project file here and the Log Window output so that we can see what's happening.

Thanks!
Florian