Need help - MT Won't See My Controllers

DropDP

2015-05-11 14:43:44

I've just downloaded this program looking to use it to turn my Traktor f1 into a keyboard command pad. The only problem I have is that MT does not see the F1 in the "Midi In" list. I would really appreciate some help getting this to work!

So far I have tried:
Restarting the program
Restarting the computer
Using a different controller (Traktor X1 - still doesn't see it)
Disabling my firewall (I use ESET security)

It is interesting to note that I tried MT on my windows 8 laptop and it worked completely fine.

The computer it is having trouble on is a 64bit Windows 7. I'm not sure what other information I need to give that would assist anyone in solving my problem, sorry! If there is any other info you need, let me know.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

DvlsAdvct

2015-05-11 14:55:49

Can you confirm that the F1 is in MIDI Mode? Also, you have the Controller Editor on your computer, right?

J

DropDP

2015-05-11 21:48:05

Yes, the F1 is in midi mode and I have the controller editor on my computer. The light on controller editor that tells you if it's sending midi also lights up when I press buttons, so im pretty certain the issue is not with the controller itself.

DropDP

2015-05-12 10:01:30

After some troubleshooting I have found and fixed the problem.

I plugged in my Traktor S2 controller to test if it would work with that and it MT saw it fine in the "Midi In" list. Since my F1 was plugged into the computer at the same time I became very confused. I checked in my system tray (where you usually safely remove USBs) and the S2 was showing up there but the F1 was not.

This clued me in to the idea that maybe my computer did not install the necessary USB drivers when I plugged the F1 in for the first time. On a hunch I downloaded the F1 driver off of the NI website and installed it. Everything is now working fine and Midi Translator sees the device.

If anyone else is reading this because they are having the same problem I had, MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR DRIVERS FOR YOUR CONTROLLER ARE UP TO DATE. even if you think they already are, it doesn't hurt to double check, because it might turn out to be the cause of your problem.