Ports not showing in Ableton

nsamaras2

2015-05-01 15:42:35

Hi Jared
I am trying to use PXT Live Plus for Ableton but, when I try select MT Player as the input sources in Ableton preferences they do not show. I think I tried everything I can think of. No matter what I do, nothing shows? I am using Live 9.1.8 and windows 10 and the MT player preset for PXT Live Plus. Only thing I can think of would be Windows 10 is the problem. Hope we can figure this out, looking forward to some help.

Nick

DvlsAdvct

2015-05-01 16:16:37

How are you using PXT Live Plus with MT Pro? Did this work on a previous set up of Windows? Are you using MT Player, or MT Pro?

Thanks
Jared

nsamaras2

2015-05-01 16:21:54

Hi Jarid
I am using MT Player with the Pxt preset. I am showing a midi signal in the player but ports won't show lives preferences.

nsamaras2

2015-05-01 16:24:43

Oh forgot to say MT Pro ports do not show too. They show in windows devices. Midi yoke shows fine in live.

DvlsAdvct

2015-05-01 16:25:47

Would it be a massive inconvenience to uninstall and reinstall the Player? I'm concerned because it's Windows 10, and I don't know exactly how it would respond.

nsamaras2

2015-05-01 16:38:04

I have tried uninstalling several times already. While we're your around. I have not been able to get the multiple task button or the led colors to work. I followed your instructions exactly. If I sent you my preset could you make a preset for me. All my other translators, and I have made over a hundred translators in my apc20 project work fine???

Thank you Jared

DvlsAdvct

2015-05-01 17:56:09

You don't own MT Pro, correct? Just the player for this device? Sorry if we went over this but I'm all over the place right now.

If it's the player that's the problem I'll pass this up the chain. As far as creating a preset for you, there's a lot wrapped up in that. We can discuss in private if you want.

nsamaras2

2015-05-01 18:05:41

Yes I own MT pro. But trying to use my player to use the pxt preset. The midi ports do not show in lives preferences for Mt player and Mt Pro. and yes I need help getting my rules to work, I would really appreicate the extra help. Thank Jared

Nick

florian

2015-05-04 11:06:44

Hi nsamaras2,

I have no idea what's going on there. Please PM me for a new version of the virtual MIDI ports.

Note, however, that the players are an OEM product, i.e. they're licensed to 3rd parties so that they can distribute the player with their presets. So, primary support contact for players and their presets is the company/individual who sold that player to you. Of course, the player is a Bome product, but please understand that we cannot distribute a player which is licensed to someone else.

And of course, we're always there for you with specific questions about a preset.

Thanks,
Florian

Frann

2016-03-04 09:55:47

I'm having the same problem and I think it's something to do with Windows 10 as everything was working fine on Windows 7.

florian

2016-03-08 12:26:59

Hi, can you (re)install MIDI Translator Pro to see if that fixes the issue?