Not enough memory error

DigiDJ

2015-02-27 21:32:11

I currently am using MT classic and a Midi fighter twister controller with Serato Dj. When I have the MT classic open along with Serato Dj, it appears there's a driver conflict with the Midi controller since when I try to make changes in the MT classic I get an error message stating there's not enough memory, please try closing other programs. Is there any work around to prevent this type of error.

Thanks

florian

2015-03-03 12:06:06

Hi DigiDJ, this error is a misleading error message of Windows. It means that the MIDI device is already open in another program and cannot be used in multiple programs at the same time.

So, if you want to use a port in MT, make sure to close/unselect it in all other MIDI programs.

Regards,
Florian

DigiDJ

2015-03-04 03:29:00

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that I cannot use MT at the same time as Serato DJ?

florian

2015-03-04 10:57:39

you can, but you cannot share the MIDI Ports. It's a limitation of Windows' MIDI drivers.

How to workaround it is to use virtual ports. Most users who need to add or modify MIDI data, do it like this:

MT:
MIDI IN set to MIDI Fighter
MIDI OUT set to MIDI Fighter
Create two routes in the MIDI router:
1) "MIDI Fighter" to "Bome Virtual Port 1"
2) "Bome Virtual Port 1" to "MIDI Fighter"

Serato:
unselect MIDI Fighter in MIDI settings
select "Bome's Midi Translator 1" for MIDI IN and MIDI OUT

Now you can use the MIDI Fighter both in MT and in Serato. You can modify, filter, and add MIDI messages in MT.
Note that only the Pro edition of MIDI Translator has virtual ports and the ability to use multiple ports.

Florian