NOTE REPEAT QUESTION

theycallmeraptor

2015-02-06 13:32:55

Hello people,

I am very new to MT. I would primarily like to use it create note repeating actions.

I would like to be able to press a note on my midi keyboard, have it run through MT
and have it play aa a repeated not for as long as I hold the note in the same way an arpeggiator would work but a for a single note.

what would be the step by step guide to creating this process?

Thank you.

DvlsAdvct

2015-02-06 15:40:48

Hi theycallmeraptor

At what rate would you want the note to repeat? Would it just be a static amount of, like, 120bpm? Do you want to be able to control it? Is it based off of an incoming MIDI signal?

This is doable, but it requires some work. :)
Jared

theycallmeraptor

2015-02-06 17:56:58

Hi Jared

I want the note to repeat in sync with the tempo of my DAW. I would like to be able to control the rate from 1 bar to 1/4 to 1/8 etc.

Thanks for your time. :mrgreen:

TCMR

DvlsAdvct

2015-02-06 18:22:25

What DAW are you using? Does it output MIDI Clock to a MIDI port?

theycallmeraptor

2015-02-06 18:26:36

Logic 9. I'm sure it does.

DvlsAdvct

2015-02-06 18:47:19

Alright, then what I need you to find out, since I don't have Logic, is how to do that. Connect Logic to MT Pro using a Virtual MIDI Port, and see how the clock is sent. If it just sends an F8 signal SUPER fast (24 clicks per beat) we can figure something out. Just a note, it's a lot of work and I haven't been able to perfect it yet.

But it's doable.

J

theycallmeraptor

2015-02-06 20:47:56

I've connected logic to MT pro (See Attachment). Right this intstant, I do not have my audio interface or midi keyboard connected to my computer but the same rules should apply as I can play my Logic piano roll using my computer keyboard hence why in the virtual midi port it says " IAC Driver to Bome". IAC being my computers default.

I don't know how to see if the clock is sent or how to see If it sends an F8 signal.

I have faith in this :wink:

Thanks
Attachments
VIRTUAL MIDI PORT?
VIRTUAL MIDI PORT?
Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 19.46.03.png (64.42 KiB) Viewed 5390 times

DvlsAdvct

2015-02-07 04:39:09

The Mac has a MIDI monitor, right? Can you look there to see what is passing through IAC Bus 1?

You don't need a router for this. Logic should use a virtual MIDI port to send MIDI Clock, right? Just use that port and activate it in MT Pro. You don't need to route anything, since MT Pro isn't passing any MIDI data. If you're using IAC Bus 1, then that's fine. Don't worry about the Router connection.