Problem with:Absolute Mouse Positions across two monitors

Korza

2014-12-14 18:02:27

Hey everyone,

I've encountered a slightly weird problem while mapping my APC 40 on Windows 8.1.

I'm running a dual monitor setup from my lap top with a 1600x900 resolution to a second monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024. I have it running in extended display with the outputs arranged as they should be (Second monitor justified to the right at (1600,0)). The issue I'm running into is if I try to set the mouse to go to the second monitor, the mouse will get stuck at x=1600 no matter what value I set above 1600. I've already tried to go into the registry to edit the MouseMonitorEscapeSpeed key to see if that was keeping the mouse from escaping the first screen, but it hasn't made any difference.

Is there anything that I can do to make it so that the mouse will actually justify and act on positions set on the second monitor? I'm using it to control lighting software that doesn't take direct midi input so having both monitors visible is the best case scenario.

Thanks for your help!

florian

2014-12-15 10:14:42

Hi Korza,

this is an entirely new problem report! We'll see if we can reproduce the issue and fix it, if possible, in the next version of MT.

Thanks! Florian