Rules- step by step_Help needed

orolights

2014-11-24 12:50:25

Hi
starting to map APC40 MK2 for Resolume
1.Concept:
3 layers every layer have its own color (red-05 /green- 15 /blue-25)
meaning if clip triggers into layer 1, feedback on the note will be red
clip triggers into layer 2, feedback the note will be green ext.
if a clip isn't triggered in any layer or been cleaned from layer then its offwhite -71

now two things:
if a clip is already triggered on layer 1 it wont let the same clip to be triggered on layer 2 or layer 3
meaning if the note is already red it wont go green or blue
one clip in a time - there can be just one note from each color on the preset in real time
if a clip is triggered other clip with the same color is cleared (offwhite)

2. My starting preset: attached
APC40Mk2_test.bmtp
(9.64 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
I didn't manage to find the right rules to make it work
any suggestions?

P.S sorry for the plain English

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-24 16:49:34

Hi Orolights

So there are a bunch of things wrapped up in this and we should start slow, since once you start to understand the process you should be able to put it together on your own.

First, we need to use global variables to dictate each clip layer, so you'd want to use one variable for each button. This would mean that your first button in the grid would be dictated by variable g0 (as an example), the second button would be g1, then g2, etc. Each layer will assign a value to the variable, so if it is active on layer 1, g0 would equal 1. If it's active on layer three, g0 equals 3. If it's deactivated then g0 equals 0. You could do this with a series of cross referencing variables (so the layer is assigned to h0, so h0=1, 2 or 3 based on which layer you selected), OR you could have an individual preset per layer, and activate them accordingly. Personally, I prefer the presets, though different users have different preferences. My method has more individual lines of code and translators, but the other methods use more rules and can be more complicated to set up. It is very much a preference.

Just to be clear, if you are switching presets you want the clip to be colored to reflect the preset it is activated in, correct? So, to be more clear, if a clip is triggered in layer 1 and you are looking at layer 3, you want the clip to be red, even though everything else may be green, right? Or do you want it to appear white instead?

I'll take a look through the project, but I would rather instruct you in how to do it so you can troubleshoot when needed.

Thanks
Jared

orolights

2014-11-24 17:33:02

Jared thanks for your replay!
Lets start from the end (just to make things clear):
orolights wrote:Just to be clear, if you are switching presets you want the clip to be colored to reflect the preset it is activated in, correct? So, to be more clear, if a clip is triggered in layer 1 and you are looking at layer 3, you want the clip to be red, even though everything else may be green, right? Or do you want it to appear white instead?

yes
if a clip is triggered in layer 1 and I choose layer 3 the clip is still Red (to monitor me in which layer its activated)
one rule is that there can be only just one clip activated in each layer meaning there cant be two red clips on a feedback, only one clip can be on in each layer.

the main thing I didnt find is how to assignment the global variables (and pardon if its a noobish question) do i need to dictated each clip's variable? i need to make a rule for each clip and define its global variable?
didnt find how to do that.
its the missing link for me, i feel like when i'll figure that out all my life trouble will go :)

orolights

2014-11-24 19:53:38

BTW
I've read your article at http://www.djworx.com/skratchworx/reviews/bomes1.php
that brings me to my issue I cant find how to define the global variables
here's screenshot if you can point me what i done wrong:
Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 20.51.18.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 20.51.18.png (82.81 KiB) Viewed 5357 times

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-25 00:34:48

Hi orolights

Glad you found the article.

Below the incoming section there should be a dropdown for Rules. If you select that there is a rules window where you can enter your assignments and strings of logic.

Does that make sense?
Jared
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.9 KiB) Viewed 5349 times

orolights

2015-01-31 22:40:00

thanks for your help
it took some time but i almost finished it all
https://vimeo.com/118357196