Momentary and Toggle and Bome's MT question (for a newb)

Michelle911

2014-11-21 07:30:48

Hi,

I'll try and ask this question as simply and to the point as I can :) I have an issue I'm trying to solve, I'm wondering if Bome's MT will help me.

I have an old ART X-15 Ultrafoot Midi Controller and I'm using it to control Guitar Rig and Sonar, both separately and together.

My X-15's switches behave normally as Toggle switches. I'd like for them to be momentary instead. This doesn't seem to be possible by configuring the X-15 alone (I'd love to be proven wrong on this!).

ok, that's it, I could write a wall of text here describing what and why, but this should suffice for now without scaring everyone away LOL

Thanks!

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-22 00:53:48

Hi Michelle911

Don't worry about walls of text here. We're all about helping sort through them.

So, if your controller sends toggle messages (90 00 7F on press one and 90 00 00 on press two with nothing sent when you release the button) then there is a way to create a sort of fake momentary message using timers. It won't be perfect, since it will be sending the off message at a specified time, as opposed to when you actually release the button since we can't create MIDI messages where there aren't any.

Is that what you're looking for?
Jared

Michelle911

2014-11-22 01:26:28

Hi Jared!

Yes, that's exactly how it behaves. I appreciate it. I'm still trying to work out in my head how this will work, I suppose I should give it a try. See if I can get things set up how I'm hoping.

Thanks!

edit:
oh, will the classic version do what you mention?

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-24 16:39:20

The classic version will not works since it does not support timers, it only supports individual translators and basic MIDI functions, which will not get you what you need.