Only Changing Colour On/Off States on APC40 MK2

ElRayo

2014-11-20 14:03:10

Greetings,

We recently bought the APC40 MK2 for controlling Resolume. We like the layout and all the functions; we don't have to remap anything. However we would love to adjust it's ON & OFF states of the buttons. I've been already thinkering with it and I'm able to get all the colours etc etc. However I encountered one problem which is a pain and a bottleneck atm. I'll give an Exampe:

I need a button that needs to be full colour RED in the -off- state and white in the -on- state (Note On/Off).
So I created the following translations;
RED On 90 20 7F ---> 90 20 10
RED Off 80 20 00 ---> 90 20 05 (I tried 80 20 05 aswell but that obvously doesn't work)

This obviously creates the problem that when I press a button the APC does exactly what I want, however it keeps sending ON to Resolume (which eventually crashes). Sadly after many tries I'm unable to find a solution for this.

TL:DR; How can I change the On and Off State of my push buttons on my apc40 mk2 without changing their functions?

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-22 00:51:15

Hi ElRayo

I'm assuming all of your translators for the outputs to the APC40 are in their own preset.

Can you change the Default MIDI Ports of that Preset to IN - APC40 and OUT - APC40?

That should stop sending the messages to Resolume. Let me know if that works.

Jared

ElRayo

2014-11-22 01:01:47

I'll check it Monday when I'm back at work.

ElRayo

2014-11-24 11:32:13

DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi ElRayo

I'm assuming all of your translators for the outputs to the APC40 are in their own preset.

Can you change the Default MIDI Ports of that Preset to IN - APC40 and OUT - APC40?

That should stop sending the messages to Resolume. Let me know if that works.

Jared
It indeed stops sending messages to Resolume and the APC does have it's colour functions. What is the next step?

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-24 16:41:47

In the MIDI Router, can you draw a line from the APC40 to the virtual port connected to Resolume? Does that work?