Game Controller OUTPUT

gzstation

2014-11-17 03:03:31

Hi!

I didn't find nothing about my needs so i'm asking for help!

I'm looking for as special fonction....

I have a M-Audio AxiomPro61 with many buttons ans slider....
I would like to use it as GAME CONTROLLER for a airplane cockpit for X-Plane.
I would like to have information if your software could help me with that or if some one could give a me clue to get closer to my goal!

If your software don't have this fonction yet... is it possible to ad it... How could i contribute to have this fonction!

Thank's so much for your feed back!

florian

2014-11-17 10:42:21

Hi,

if X-Plane can be controlled with keystrokes and mouse, it should work! you can use MIDI Translator Pro's key and mouse emulation to control the game. You should test with the trial version first, because we know of a few games that ignore emulated keystrokes.

If, however, X-Plane requires a game controller/joystick, then I'm afraid it won't work with MIDI Translator (MT). Such an emulation is not included in MT. And though we have rough plans to add it in the future, we don't have plans to implement it short term.

Thanks,
Florian

gzstation

2014-11-17 16:41:25

Hi!

Thank's for your quick answer!
I'm doing special controller for kids and adults who have mobility problem like quadriplegics.
( Sorry for my bad english... )
There are so many midi device that are not used and could be easily modified for someone like me.

I wanted to use a flight simulator because it's complicated and they have to be smooth.
Yes i know that i could remap keystroke and mouse but it's not what i need... I really need to have MULTIPLE Analogue controller input so when they blow or suck in there straw it will change like the Throttle a bit.... Really like a PS3 Controller emulation ( Each PS3 button is analogue and not digital).

I would like to use it in few car games too so they could try some kind of specific control like they will do in real life with http://citycardriving.com/
So they will gain experience so they could be on there own faster and less dependant.

I would like to ask you to help me to help them... If you could implement this fonction quicker then you are thinking.

I've see MagicFlute: a MIDI controller specially suited for quadriplegics somewhere on your web site but can't find good information about it... Found many dead link about it... If you could give me a hint about that too...

Thank's for your support!

P.S.: Sorry to asked you the same question in private :-/

florian wrote:Hi,

if X-Plane can be controlled with keystrokes and mouse, it should work! you can use MIDI Translator Pro's key and mouse emulation to control the game. You should test with the trial version first, because we know of a few games that ignore emulated keystrokes.

If, however, X-Plane requires a game controller/joystick, then I'm afraid it won't work with MIDI Translator (MT). Such an emulation is not included in MT. And though we have rough plans to add it in the future, we don't have plans to implement it short term.

Thanks,
Florian

florian

2014-12-12 00:27:12

Hi,
sorry for the late reply. Currently, we're over-busy with many things, so adding joystick support is out of question for at least the next 6 months. If this is a commercial project, we might be able to work out something. I'm not sure about the status of the Magic Flute project. I guess a web search is all I could do, too.

Best regards,
Florian