FSX and other Games with Midi Controller??

Crimson_Ghost138

2014-10-22 21:01:48

Hi!!

I´ve stumbled across this nice piece of software, because i want to use my Midi-Controllers for programs and games in windows.

I use a Traktor Kontrol X1 via USB, and it works nice in windows, i can map the keyboard commands and it does what it should, BUT, if i try to do the same in Flight Simulator X, no keyboard commands came through?! I cant find any setup guide or preset on the whole internet (maybe i just suck at searching it ^^), and cant figure it out by my self i´m afraid...

Otherwise, i found a few people who seem to got it working in FSX ??

Is this because auf DirectX or something, or do i need to use a special procedure to get it to work, maybe at first plug in the controller, then bome, then FSX, and use a special Translator for doing it??

Ah and i use PMDG 737 Plane-Addon, if that cares....

Thank you for any help!!

Greetz from austria ;)

DvlsAdvct

2014-10-22 21:42:08

Hi Crimson_Ghost138

I don't have Flight Simulator, so this is going to be a little troubleshooting, but we'll see if we can figure it out.

If you put FSX into windowed mode, can you see if MT is still transmitting keystrokes by looking at the log window?

Crimson_Ghost138

2014-10-22 22:03:47

Hi, thanks for your reply, i tried this before and have seen that it still works in the background...

Tried switching from windowed to fullscreen,no luck :-(

Crimson_Ghost138

2014-10-23 18:41:54

Hi, it works now :D

I don´t know exactly what the problem was, but i tried it again from a shutdown pc, and my sequence was:

1. Plugin my controller
2. Disable ANTIVIRUS (G-Data)
3. Start Bome as ADMIN
4. Start FSX

It now works like a charm, even in PMDG 737!! I just accomplished a complete flight and my mouse-interaction was reduced by almost 50% or more i guess, awesome :mrgreen:

Thx for your help anyway, i think it had something to do with my antivir and not running as admin i guess?!

Great piece of software, thanks to the developer(s)!!

calexo

2015-01-09 16:56:56

Hi !
I'm trying to use MT Classic 1.61 in DCS World (Steam version).
I run both DCS and MT as Administrator.
Keypresses does work in Options, and so on, but not in the the sim itself...
Do you have any idea why ?
Thanks, I'd love to use MT in that sim !