Bomes OSx questions

glennyg

2014-08-31 15:29:07

Hi,
I've just moved to Mac (10.9.4) and am now getting used to Bomes OSx version.

1) I created two virtual ports in the Bomes virtual midi ports settings,but they don't show up in the Audio/Midi setup in OSx nor in Mainstage. How come?

2) So I created virtual ports using IAC in the OSx audio/midi setup. Great! They showed up in Bomes and I did some routing. Now my problem is that I cannot delete a routing. Nothing I do will get rid of it. In the Win version, you could click near the end of the line connecting two ports and you could move it to a new port. Not in OSx.

3) Also I deleted one of the virtual ports I made in IAC but it still shows up in Bomes no matter what I do. It wasn't selected as a default, project or preset port and it isn't routed, but I can't see how to get rid of it. Just shows pending. There used to be an X button to delete unwanted ports. Not any more?

florian

2014-09-03 17:40:39

Hi,
as you've noted, there are some subtle differences.
glennyg wrote:1) I created two virtual ports in the Bomes virtual midi ports settings,but they don't show up in the Audio/Midi setup in OSx nor in Mainstage. How come?
On OSX, the virtual ports only show up while MT is running.
glennyg wrote:2) So I created virtual ports using IAC in the OSx audio/midi setup. Great! They showed up in Bomes and I did some routing. Now my problem is that I cannot delete a routing. Nothing I do will get rid of it. In the Win version, you could click near the end of the line connecting two ports and you could move it to a new port. Not in OSx.
The routes can be clicked on (the line itself) and then you should be able to click the Delete button. Also, the routes belong to the project file (as on Windows), so you can just start a new project and there should not be any routes left.
glennyg wrote:3) Also I deleted one of the virtual ports I made in IAC but it still shows up in Bomes no matter what I do. It wasn't selected as a default, project or preset port and it isn't routed, but I can't see how to get rid of it. Just shows pending. There used to be an X button to delete unwanted ports. Not any more?
MT remembers ports that are in use, even if it just vanished (an important feature for accidental unplugging devices, and subsequent replugging). So if you remove a port, it stays in MT, marked as "pending" (if it was used before) or "unplugged" if it was not used. If it is pending, double click it to mark it to not use it (should show unplugged then). Now restarting MT should get rid of it. If you use that port in your project file (e.g. in the routes), the port will be recreated as "pending" when loading that project file!

Hope that explains some...
Florian

glennyg

2014-09-04 02:17:37

Great, thanks!