Bome 2 Avid Media Composer

pele2010

2014-07-27 11:00:06

Hi ,
is there anybody that has made a setup for Avid Media Composer ?

I have a BCF 2000 and would like to connect it to my Avid.

The Avid MC runs with euron3 protocol.

I am completely new to this , so it would be grate to get some help .

thank you Peter

DvlsAdvct

2014-07-28 16:51:43

Hi Peter

I haven't seen anything come across the forums for set ups with Media Composer, unfortunately. Does the Media Composer respond well to keyboard shortcuts? We can fake it with MT if that's possible.

Jared

pele2010

2014-07-29 21:18:32

DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi Peter

I haven't seen anything come across the forums for set ups with Media Composer, unfortunately. Does the Media Composer respond well to keyboard shortcuts? We can fake it with MT if that's possible.

Jared
yes , the media composer has a internal visual keyboard and there you can map the functions to the keyboard.
You can even map menu commands to the keyboard.

media composer has a "eucon3" interface standard. I was hoping, that i could achieve like a virtual eucon3 standard.
than i could map the keys of the faderox to the virtual eucon3 map and from there it should be easy to activate it in media composer.

what do you think ? could this be done ?

DvlsAdvct

2014-07-30 19:45:17

It is possible, but we'd need to know what the Eucon3 protocol is, how it appears, etc. For example, there are a bunch of Mackie HUI presets available on the forums that people have created, but we know the HUI protocol. I'd recommend using as many keystrokes as possible, but if you have the Eucon3 information (I can't seem to find much) we can try and piece it together.

J