Automatic execution of Midi commands after preset change

TomViolenz

2014-06-23 11:15:51

Hey guys :-)

I'm trying to set up a button to shift between two modes. I do this using the method of activating/deactivating presets depending on if that (toggle) button sends the value 00 or 7F (127). This I have working.

But what I also want is, that every time one of these presets is activated a few Midi commands get send without me having to interact with the controller for that. I tried setting up a translator as the very first translator in the preset that only has an outgoing message (and a few rules) but no incoming Midi. But somehow these Midi commands or rules don't get executed.
What am I doing wrong?!

PS: I have also another independent question: What value does a global variable have before it gets defined?
Is it 0?
The reason I need this, is because I have it so that the toggle of either of two buttons defines a global variable, and toggling them off will set it to 0. But the very first time, when neither of the two buttons is pressed yet, it should also be 0 (because they are in the off state) but they didn't have the possibility to actually set it to 0 actively yet.
How should this be handled?!

TomViolenz

2014-06-23 13:12:01

Ok, for the first question reading the manual helped :oops:

Incoming action>preset change>the current preset gets activated

TomViolenz

2014-06-23 14:33:41

And I think the second one I can solve by having another initializing translator that gets activated upon preset change with the following rules:

If gc = 8 then exit rules, ignore outgoing actions
If gc = 16 then exit rules, ignore outgoing actions
gc=0

(8 and 16 are the values the button presses in the later translators set gc to)

That should work :-)