Midi Error Message

ibanman555

2014-06-13 22:26:41

Hello All,

I've been successfully using BMT to translate and control my 32 channel mixer with Pro Tools. I've gotten this error only a few times, which only happens when I move a group of faders all at the same time (30 or so). I assume its just because of the extreme amount of data transmitting all at once. Is there a way to eliminate this popup from displaying, or increasing queue size, as it appears to still allow functionality after the fact. Thanks!

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-14 01:19:22

Hi ibanman55

I have only gotten that message when too many messages are triggering to the same place at the same time, or there's some weird data overlap, where the same message is triggering too many times. Can you attach the project so I can have a look? There isn't a way to make the message go away, so we need to see if we can make the message not need to appear.

Thanks
Jared

ibanman555

2014-06-14 04:45:44

Jared,

Thanks for the response. I attached my controller file for you to look at. Each controller is in groups of 8 channels. There won't be any duplicates within each midi pipe, as you will see I assigned each group to a specific midi port. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Controller.bmtp
(100.89 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

ibanman555

2014-11-15 20:33:48

Hello All & Jared,

Have there been any advances in regards to this topic? :D

florian

2014-11-15 21:38:24

I don't know if DvlsAdvct has looked into this. Typically, it's very hard to see whats happening from the project file only. If you can easily reproduce that problem, can you do that with running log window? Then copy/paste the entire output of the log window into a text file and attach that text file here in the forum (don't paste directly into a forum post, it's likely to be huge).
Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-16 20:09:28

Hi ibanman

Terribly sorry, this just completely fell of my radar. Florian has the right of it, though, since I can't see any weird routings in the project. The log window would be the best bet from there.

Thanks
Jared