Audio --> Keystrokes

getpunchdrunk

2014-06-10 21:09:55

Hi there,

I've been using Bome to control software that requires key presses (1, 2, enter, space, etc...) for a while, and it works great. I used a MIDI controller as the input source, and it translates that to the key presses.

I'm looking to use audio input now instead of MIDI to control the key presses - there are a number of apps available that will translate audio to MIDI, but I'm unsure how to get that data into BOME to then create a key press event.

I'm on OSX, have looked at these two apps as possibles:

osculator . net

midimorphosis

Does anybody have experience or advice on how I could get this setup? Thanks in advance!

- Jacob

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-11 00:57:31

Hi getpunchdrunk

If you have an app that will translate audio to MIDI it shouldn't be that difficult. What you need to do is connect whatever app is converting your audio to MIDI and use that as your MIDI Device.

So, for example, if you use MIDIMorphosis, you should be able to use it with CoreMIDI in OSX to connect to MIDI Translator. Then, instead of MIDI Translator listening for a midi controller it listens for MIDIMorphosis' data and spits out as its incoming message.

Does that make sense?
Jared

getpunchdrunk

2014-06-11 01:24:16

Thanks! I was thinking about MIDI Merlin, any ideas if that would work?

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-11 01:43:37

I can't see why it wouldn't work. It definitely looks like it has the necessary featureset, though I am just reading through the download page.