PT10 nothing working

chadtime

2014-06-09 06:53:28

Hey guys sorry if im repost but im trying to get my allen and heath zed r-16 to work with PT10 and nothing is working. Bome is reading the in-coming messages but PT10 isn't getting them. Any idea's would be of help. My pc was recently wiped so i have to reinstall everything and i can't remember how i did it last time. Also timer in, translating, midi out lights are constantly flashing along with the midi in one which is flashing at a different rate. When i move the faders the midi in is seeing the message as it lights up. Ive gone through both of allen and heaths supporting docs and neither seem to work

any help would be great.

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-10 18:48:43

Hi chadtime

As far as I know, there is a translator on the A&H mixers that should be a constant timer, which is why the Timer In, Translating and MIDI Out lights are constantly flashing. Can you move a control on your R-16 and let me know what channel the controller is sending? In the log window you should be able to see if the controller is triggering any translators. If it isn't it may be sending on the wrong channel.

Thanks
Jared

chadtime

2014-06-11 02:03:39

Hey so i figured out to get most of them (the transport buttons) working however when i change session in protools it seems to reset. Also i tried it in a session that had midi and the buttons just seemed to play different midi notes can you explain whats happening? is something not set right.

chadtime

2014-06-11 02:13:07

now after restarting the computer and re-opening nothing is working again. This is f@*#ing annoying, haha. Anyideas

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-11 02:15:07

Can you move controls on the unit and tell me what messages they are sending? Namely the channel they are sending on?

chadtime

2014-06-11 06:58:35

How do i check that? right now im getting nothing coming in or out.

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-11 14:48:21

Create a new translator and make your incoming action pp qq rr with no outgoing action. When you move any control it should trigger the translator and show you what channel it is sending on.