OSX "Command" Keystroke for Pro Tools

brucerothwell

2014-06-03 21:51:22

In Pro Tools, I can hold down the Command key, which activates a "fine adjust" for faders and rotary knobs.

However, in trying set up a keystroke to send from Midi Translator Pro, I cannot seem to mimic that action.

Now, I have been able to do other keystroke sequences, but this one is to mimic simply holding down the Command key.

Any ideas?

brucerothwell

2014-06-04 16:01:11

If it makes any difference, I do own Midi Translator Pro now. ;-)

How about this....

Forgetting the Pro Tools aspect, can anyone just explain how to make a keystroke translator that simply keeps a key pressed? If so, how would that work for the Apple COMMAND key?

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-10 18:45:23

Hi brucereothwell

Sorry for the delayed response, I was travelling this past weekend and was away from my computer. Just to be sure, you're trying to use a MIDI note to send the Command keystroke, correct?

Jared

brucerothwell

2014-06-11 00:29:28

Yes, a MIDI note.

In fact Note 2, Velocity 127 (aftertouch at 0), Channel 3, CC off.

brucerothwell

2014-06-11 00:32:43

FWIW, I do have a translator set up that receives a MIDI note of a different value, and sends a keystroke to choose a particular Pro Tools windows configutation, so it is not like Pro Tools cannot receive keystrokes at all.

(NOTE: I am using Emulator Pro (Smithsom Martin) to send the MIDI note.)

DvlsAdvct

2014-06-11 01:03:17

The command, ctrl, alt type keys can always be weird, whether on PC or mac. You may want to try using two translators, one for Key Down action and one for Key Up action. So one with an incoming message of 92 02 7F and a second with an incoming message of 92 02 00.

Make sense?

brucerothwell

2014-06-11 03:36:23

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried that -- gleening the idea from another post.
But, maybe I did it wrong.
I will try it again.
-
Bruce