OSX: command+tab question

Curls_On_Keys

2014-05-08 10:21:54

Hello all,

just downloaded Bome for OSX and trying to switch applications with MIDI commands.
On OSX this is done with command+tab
You hold down the command key, then press tab, tab, tab, tab and then let go of the command key.

So I need something like

One MIDI CC triggers:
command (key down)
tab (key down)
tab (key down)
tab (key down)
command (key up)

I searched the forum, and found a topic of 2010 regarding this issue, which stated that it could be done with the help of timers.
Unfortunately I don't understand how I have to implement these correctly to make this action happen. Could someone elaborate on this thing?

Thanks a lot in advance
Senne

DvlsAdvct

2014-05-09 02:47:23

Hi Senne

I'm doing some digging on this because I can't get it to work on my PC right now. Let me contact Florian and see if he has any insight. I know certain keystrokes are really difficult to process correctly.

Thanks
Jared

Jshreiner

2014-06-04 19:13:42

Hi There,

Have you found a solution for this? I am also looking for this answer.

-Jeff

florian

2014-07-01 17:59:19

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. With the latest version 1.7.2, you don't need to use timers for this. You can just consecutively down and up the keys using the "delay" feature in outgoing actions. Example:

Code: Select all

Translator 0:
Incoming: MIDI CC
Outgoing: Keystroke Down: Command

Translator 1:
Outgoing: Keystroke: tab
  [x]delay 20ms

Translator 2:
  [x]delay 40ms

Translator 3:
  [x]delay 60ms

Translator 4:
Outgoing: Keystroke Up: Command
  [x]delay 80ms
Notes:
  • MIDI CC is the MIDI message to react on
  • make sure that all translators have "stop processing" unchecked (in the general section)
  • if the keys are pressed too quickly, you can adjust the respective delay. You can also try entirely without delay. The keystrokes are always emulated in the order as they appear in the translation preset.
Hope that helps!
Florian