Mac OS Execute File

adastra

2014-05-08 01:47:57

Hello,
I'm having trouble using the execute file outgoing action on Mac OSX. My primary need is to trigger applescripts or automator applications through Bome's. I may be missing something in the syntax, but when I attempt to browse to an application, it directs me to the contents of the application, and I end up on the applet, which is a bit problematic in that it usually also opens the terminal in the process of executing the application.

Is it not possible to directly launch a given application in Mac? Or do I need to put something in the "parameters" dialog? Looking for some general guidance on using "execute file" in Mac OS.

Thanks in advance.

DvlsAdvct

2014-05-08 02:37:42

Hi adastra

I, unfortunately, do not have a lot of experience with Mac. Let me check with Florian and get you an answer asap. :)

Would you be able to attach the MT Project so we can see where the issue may lie?

Thanks
Jared

adastra

2014-05-08 03:10:19

No problem. I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but here it is. Under the last preset "Reaper Mappings" you'll see a handful of presets that trigger "execute file". I was able to select an automator application or applescript, but the browser wouldn't just select the app, it would take me inside the application package until getting to either the "applet" or the "application stub", both of which sort of work, but I can't help feel I'm missing something, it seems like it should be possible to simply launch an application. I'd also love be able to simply launch Reaper or any other app, not just applescripts and such...

Thanks for your help Jared.
Attachments
KCA Template2.bmtp
(19.14 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

florian

2014-05-10 17:33:22

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Although the browser doesn't let you choose an application, you should be able to enter it in the field and it should the application. E.g. for running Safari, you can only select a file inside the Safari bundle, e.g.

Code: Select all

/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
Now in the text field in MT's outgoing action, just remove the stuff after .app so that it reads:

Code: Select all

/Applications/Safari.app
I haven't tried this in a while, but that's how it should work! We should also work on the browser so that it accepts bundles, too.

Thanks,
Florian

adastra

2014-05-10 21:17:01

Working perfectly. Seems like I should have figured that out on my own!
Thanks so much guys, love the program, it's really opened a lot of doors for us.