APC 40 tweaks w/ Live 9 ISSUES

Peterpepps

2014-04-15 03:32:56

Hey guys,

I just discovered tonight the bome and I have to admit I found it amazing. I want to use it but there's one thing that I can't manage to work out and I have a gig on friday so I'd like to ask for some help...

It looks simple, but I'd just like to map the PLAY / STOP / REC buttons of the APC 40 to turn them into momentary kills on BASS / MID / HIGH and also disable their initial functions.

I can't figure anything out from the Bome i just need a quick walktrhough to get the inital process, can anybody help me ?

Thanks !!

DvlsAdvct

2014-04-15 22:22:48

Hi Peterpepps

I'm assuming you are using the APC40 as an integrated device in Ableton, correct? You haven't built your own mapping across the entire device, right?

Thanks
Jared

Peterpepps

2014-04-16 03:41:10

No Sir I haven't !! Thing is when I wannap map those it behaves like my mapping is some sort of slave with the initial integrated mapping and i wanna turn that off, and then map the clip launch buttons from row 2 to 8 to control fx... anybody can help ?

Thanks !!

DvlsAdvct

2014-04-16 05:33:16

Unfortunately, the way the APC40 works is sort of all or nothing. You can have the direct integration the way it is integrated or you can put it in MIDI mode and remap it yourself. There are a bunch of APC40 threads here with lots of resources and mappings provided, and I can help if you want to do anything in depth, but I need to know exactly what you want to go over whether or not it is doable.

If, for example, you want only one row to use the red box and the rest to do other stuff then no, that's not possible without coding it in Python. But, if you just want to trigger selected clips in each track, but only use 8 tracks then that is possible.

Jared