Open a Track Plugin in Pro Tools 10

brucerothwell

2014-04-09 18:40:37

Is there a way to trigger the opening of a tracks' plugin via a MIDI message to HUI, for Pro Tools?

Further, in Pro Tools, I can hold down the SHIFT key while I open a plugin, and it will not close another one that might already be open... is there a way to open multiple plugins without the previous being closed?

DvlsAdvct

2014-04-09 19:02:59

Hi brucerothwell

If you are using MT, then you can convert any MIDI message to a HUI message. This thread has a MIDI Translator file that has been put together to convert MIDI to HUI. You will need to tailor it to your MIDI controller, though.

As far as opening multiple plug-ins, you can use MT to have MIDI messages send the Shift keyboard command, but I'm not sure if you're using a mouse or MIDI to open those commands.

Jared

brucerothwell

2014-04-09 19:10:03

Thank you Jared.

I am looking to try to open the plugins with a MIDI message, via a template I am trying to create with Emulator Pro (a virtual MIDI controller).

DvlsAdvct

2014-04-09 19:17:21

Hi again

I don't have Emulator Pro, and we don't support it here. You may want to contact them and/or Pro-Tools support for help. Emulator Pro support is here and Pro-Tools support is here.

Sorry
Jared

brucerothwell

2014-04-09 20:30:13

Emulator Pro does not have much support for controlling a many DAW's yet -- they do seem to have some support for Ableton Live, though.

Now, that is not necessarily the issue here, as I can assign virtually any MIDI message I want to a controller object in Emulator Pro -- the big issue seems to be on how to apply that MIDI message to a HUI message(s).

Maybe I just need to figure out how to open a specific plugin on a specific track via a keyboard shortcut?

Any ideas?