translator for ascertaining patch number then changing it?

kurtr2

2014-04-09 04:50:11

hey y'all,
im trying to map the patch up and down buttons from my oberheim matrix1000 to buttons on my controller. I can't find a midi message for the up and down buttons on the front of the synth, all i can find is a midi cc for program number, so i am trying to write a preset that will find out what number the unit is on currently and then change it +/- 1. i tried something like this:

rule: oo=oo+1
outgoing: C0 oo

but that doesnt work i guess because home never knows what oo is from the unit itself.

how do you get the unit to give bome its number?

i hope there might be someone out there browsing looking for an easy problem to solve from a novice...

thanks,
Kurt

DvlsAdvct

2014-04-09 18:56:30

Hi Kurt

This isn't that simple of a problem, unfortunately, because we need to parse how the Matrix1000 sends and receives that information and how to get MT to communicate it back. Please note I am getting this information from the manual here.

I can't seem to find the command in the manual which will send back the current patch, unfortunately. It may be possible, but I just couldn't parse the manual to figure it out. As far as your idea, though, you can always just have MT always start at 0 and move up from there, and there are Sysex messages to select the correct bank and scroll through the 100 patches per bank.

Sorry I couldn't get that message. If anyone else can then please feel free to add your thoughts.

Jared

kurtr2

2014-04-10 13:06:26

thanks for checking...

florian

2014-04-11 09:31:40

maybe you can always start with the first patch on the Oberheim and then use a global variable in MT so that they are in sync? I.e. just use e.g. "g0" instead of "oo".

The rules should also prevent overflow -- here is how you can encode that for "patch up":

if g0<127 then g0=g0+1

And here for patch down:

if g0>0 then g0=g0-1

Regards,
Florian