No Midi output

Jaco

2014-03-21 05:03:46

I am a relative new user to this software, really keen to get it the MIDI to HUI protocol going for the purposes of using my A&H Zed R16's MIDI out with Pro Tools 11.

There seems to be a routing problem though, After downloading the presets from A&H's website and setting it up step by step by their instructions, I am still getting no output messages from MT.

From the event monitor and the log window it shows the midi input messages but with no corresponding midi out messages with the exception of HUI clock messages

From my knowledge the virtual out ports are correctly routed as A&H specified in their setup guide... Is there like an "on" switch I am missing or something? It seems the solution is really simple but I have spent hours without any luck.

Running Mac OS Mavericks with Pro Tools 10/11 with MT trial.

DvlsAdvct

2014-03-21 14:46:41

Hi Jaco

That's really strange and, obviously, shouldn't be happening. Can you tell me, or show me via screen shots, your MIDI routing? Also, can you confirm the MIDI ports are activated? You should be able to find their checkboxes under MIDI -> Project Default Ports. Make sure all used ports are activated.

Thanks
Jared

Jaco

2014-03-22 00:11:20

Fixed it thanks

Had to change a character in the MIDI input messages from a 'letter' to '0', i.e

F0 7F 7F 06 05 F7 to F0 7F 70 06 05 F7

Really strange, suddenly everything is working perfectly