Use any button as a Modifier key

Dyonight

2014-01-24 02:23:14

Hi!

Just discovered this software and this looks like the be all end all of midi control.

So here's my question, hope it have not been answered 1 000 times already:

I use a SSL Nucleus to control Sonar X3d and would like to go farther in the operations I can do.

So, can I use any button on my control surface as a modifier for the second button press. ex: "CYCLE" + PLAY , where CYCLE would act as a modifier when held and change the original function of PLAY.

Could this work for more than one modifier? (Modifier in quotes) Ex: "STOP" + "TRACK" + LEFT ARROW

Thanks for any advice!

DvlsAdvct

2014-01-25 16:54:05

Hi Dyonight

Yes, you can definitely create extra shift layers using any button on your controller and it can effect multiple other buttons and knobs.

Let us know if you have any further questions
Jared

logite

2014-01-27 03:12:39

I just made this too :)

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10642

If you need to know how-

Dyonight

2014-01-27 04:06:06

Yeah I'd like to know how to do!

Thanks I have a look for sure!

i@mJONNY

2016-01-27 14:20:39

How did ya get on dyonite?!

Keep trying to get some basic configs down, and basically digress with excitement as ideas pour. gonna install some screencam that can capture high(enough) res and use this just to illustrate concepts. This is an onion, we are now restrained by imagination alone.

tooo...many....ideas!!! not even thinking of the voice/IR/gyro magical options..

I'm assuming that Ya can run, load and unload multiple scripts at will, using windows tricks, and I've see the obvious stuff on autorunning scripts... are there any 'PIE commands for script mgmt, ie a helper script that uses conditional programming to dictate which script(s) running when, or are y'all just building SUPER scripts?!