prevent keystrokes sent to OS

TabSel

2014-01-10 11:20:46

Hi, I am considering buying a Contour Shuttle Pro.
The Shuttle Pro is not a MIDI device, but can only be configured to send keystrokes/mouse(wheel) events.

I want to use my BMT to
- receive keystrokes (send from the shuttle pro, or send by the internal keyboard/touchpad/mouse)
- and translate these into MIDI events
- preventing these keystrokes/mouse events to be passed to the OS (and thus the currently focused app/ui element

is this possible?

basically, I want to have my internal keyboard act as keyboard OR midi control. For example:

1) When I "double push" the caps lock key within a short time, a BMT preset will be activated. This preset will capture for example the "a" key and sends a midi note on/off message, with the "a" key not being send to the focused app/ui element.

2) when I press caps lock or shift again, the keyboard reverts back to normal use (the preset will be deactivated, and keystroke/touchpad/mouse events will be passed to the active app/ui element again.

Possible?

DvlsAdvct

2014-01-12 03:34:16

Hi TabSel

Yes, this is definitely doable using presets being activating. You can use the Caps Lock key to trigger a timer so as long as you double click within a certain time frame it will trigger a preset change, and within each preset will dictate what the keyboard does, whether it sends MIDI or keystrokes. :)

Jared

TabSel

2014-01-12 09:20:48

But how do I prevent the keypress "a" for example to be sent to the OS/focused App/ui element?