Can't admin over WiFi if Ethernet is not connected

SteinwayMan420

2016-09-07 13:24:47

In Ethernet Setting it is configured for a Fixed IP Address (10.100.101.197).

In WiFi Settings it is configured as a Client. It successfully logs into the router and gets an IP address of 10.100.101.124.

Pinging either addresses gets a response.

Pointing a browser to either address returns the BomeBox's main menu.

When disconnecting the physical network cable I expect to be able to communicate with BomeBox over WiFi (10.100.101.124). This and pinging to 10.100.101.124 gets no response.

If I plug the Ethernet cable back in I can admin over WiFi again.

What gives??

P.S. MIDI Translator and now BomeBox are incredible products!!!!!!! Great vision you have :-)

florian

2016-09-07 16:46:49

Hi SteinwayMan,
your expectations are not unjustified! I've just tried your configuration, and it all works as expected. With Ethernet set to a fixed address and WiFi as a client, I can use both, or either one for accessing the box and the WebConfig. Internally, WiFi and Ethernet setup are completely independent.

Maybe both WiFi and Ethernet are connected to the same router? Then it might be that the router plays tricks on you. Routers can get confused if the same device is accessible via multiple routes. If this theory is true, then restarting the router might fix the situation (but not your problem, I guess).
MIDI Translator and now BomeBox are incredible products!!!!!!! Great vision you have :-)
Much appreciated!
Thanks,
Florian

SteinwayMan420

2016-09-08 14:22:57

Your assumption is correct: both IPs are in the same router. I can work this out.

Thanks for testing and validating. :D:D