usb hub

maki

2016-06-16 18:18:22

Hello.
How many ports on usb hubs Bomebox can handle simultanously?
Is it possible to connect 8 usb midi instruments through one usb input on Bomebox?
What usb hubs Bome recommends?
Thanks

Maki

florian

2016-06-16 20:22:09

Hi, there's no particular limit, so 8 USB-MIDI devices should be possible without problems. We have not had any problems with any tested USB hub. Well tested and available in our web shop is this active 7-port hub (which you can also use to power the BomeBox itself), or this passive 4-port hub. You can easily combine them and have a total of 10 ports (or 9 free ports if you power the BomeBox via the active hub).
Regards,
Florian

sjcaldwell

2016-11-06 15:20:16

florian wrote:... Well tested and available in our web shop is this active 7-port hub (which you can also use to power the BomeBox itself)...
Florian
I bought the above hub. I noticed you cannot use the charging ports (last two ports) to power bomebox. The hub determines if a host is connected (power present) to put the hub in charging mode vs running mode. Since the bomebox is powered by the hub and the hub is looking for bomebox power to put into normal state, it looks like it is a catch 22 and the bomebox does not get powered. You must use one of the non-charging ports if you use the USB hub to power bomebox. FYI

florian

2016-11-07 23:13:31

ha! interesting finding about indeed... I wonder which port we used for testing. We'll check it out, again.
Thanks sjcaldwell!
Florian